5/14/2011

Would bursitis show up as inflammation in my blood work?

Gooarthritis.info edited the following:

Would bursitis show up as inflammation in my blood work?I've had some hip issues on and off after an injury years ago. Usually the pain only when I performed "rigorous activity" (when I attempt to run on a treadmill or ride a bike after not exercising for months) and it was pretty temporary - it would only hurt during the activity and on and off for a few days afterward. My hips (bursitis) started "acting up" more frequently so I went to the doctor and was told I have hypermobility in many of my joints, including my hips which. He said this causes me to be more easily injured due to overextension (and weak surrounding muscles). He also ran some blood work to check for inflammation (just in case I had arthritis) and it came out clean - no sign of inflammation. What I forgot to ask is if this means that I don't really have bursitis after all, but just some pain caused from overworking the joints. If I had bursitis, would this have shown up as inflammation in my blood work?

-Madelaine
Yes. Bursitis would cause inflammation and would therefore show up in your bloodwork.

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Would bursitis show up as inflammation in my blood work?

No comments:

Post a Comment