5/18/2011

Is this a symptom of arthritis?

Hi,I did the following:

Is this a symptom of arthritis?I was born with a defected toe. As you can see in the below image my fourth toe is smaller in size and grows abnormally. It grow on a part slightly higher than the other toes.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn106/lollipoplover_88/IMG_0446.jpg

Usually, I feel pain and numb around my defect toe and fingers. The pain comes and go but hurt much lately. Is this a symptom of arthritis? Should I get an X-ray test for my defect toe? Would this lead to brittle bones or any bones diseases? Should I consume more calcium and phosphorus?

p.s. I crack my knuckle often and my great-grand father had a history of arthritis and I'm still in adolescence year. Sorry for asking so many question.

-indiechick
Wow, that's weird! I've never seen that before. Do they know what caused it? I definitely think you should speak to a doctor about the pain. I think if you were having arthritis pains it would be in more than just your toe. I've never heard of someone having arthritis in just one finger or just one toe. Definitely talk to your doctor about it, they might be able to do something. It may be because of the shoes you're wearing or just normal growing pains. I know that the knuckle cracking is rumored to cause arthritis, but actually the studies have come back saying that knuckle cracking is actually somewhat protective when it comes to arthritis. People who crack their knuckles have less arthritis.

-Tiiaree
Different types of arthritis have different symptoms, which can range in severity from person to person. Osteoarthritis generally does not cause any symptoms outside the joint. Symptoms of other types of arthritis might include fatigue, fever, a rash, and the signs of joint inflammation, including:

* Pain
* Swelling
* Stiffness
* Tenderness
* Redness
* Warmth

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Is this a symptom of arthritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment