5/18/2011

Arthritis Info: Natural arthritis remedies for cats WITHOUT side effects?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

Natural arthritis remedies for cats WITHOUT side effects?I have two healthy spayed 17 year old cats. One was overweight for years despite my best efforts until I started giving them canned and raw foods. She dropped her excess 7 lbs and gets around a lot easier, but still has arthritis. Here's what I already do-they eat Wysong Uretic kibble at night because Tigger needs it to prevent UTIs. During the day they get Paw Naturaw organic grain-free raw food on demand, watered down with Gerber Pure nursery water (that's all I give them to drink or use to cook their food) to increase fluids. They also get small amounts of cooked organic chicken, cooked grass fed organic beef, and wild caught fish, mostly salmon. They get a daily supplement cocktail consisting of wild salmon oil with Coq10, taurine, L-carnatine, Organic Pet Superfood Immunity mushroom blend, digestive enzymes, milk thistle, and B-complex. When I get my next paycheck I am adding RNA (they've taken it before) and grape-free resveratrol. I also just started giving them small amounts or organic apple cider vinegar. They sleep on high density thick orthopedic beds and Tigger has a heated blanket. She also has an ion bracelet that I attached to her collar. She is entirely indoor. The vet suggested Metcam, but I refuse to use anything with a mortality rate, never mind a 30% mortality rate. I don't want to use glucosamine or chondroiten because they can contribute to diabetes. I've already tried turmeric, which did help a bit, but she had difficulty keeping it down and it was an ordeal to get it in her mouth in the first place. It isn't terrible-she still jumps on the couch and runs up the stairs, but it just bothers me... probably mainly because I have a same age arthritis -free cat to compare her to, and Tabitha still runs and jumps all over the place-nobody believes she's even half her age, and Tigger really doesn't jump except to get up on the couch or when I make her run up and down the stairs, although she does walk around a fair bit and will run after the dog on occasion

-bloomorningglory
Do you have a holistic vet in your area? Perhaps something like acupuncture, bioresonance therapy might be useful. They may also be able to recommend other supplements.

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: Natural arthritis remedies for cats WITHOUT side effects?

No comments:

Post a Comment