5/16/2011

Arthritis Info: Help me understand my MRI results... PLEASE what does my MRI say?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

Help me understand my MRI results... PLEASE what does my MRI say?Can someone please tell me in terms that are easy to understand my condition. I have severe pain in my neck and upper back (spine). My doctor only said I have arthritis and bone spurs. The MRI seems like there is alot more said than that but I dont understand it and doctor was not very helpful... I will copy and paste my results below. Thanks


Technique: The following MR sequences of the cervical spine were
performed without contrast:
Sagittal T1, T2, STIR, axial T2, 2-D merge

Findings:

Cervical spine alignment is normal. There is mild C6-C7 and C7-T1
disk height loss.

No Chiari malformation. Visualized posterior fossa is normal. No
cord signal abnormality.

Axial morphology:
C2-C3: No disc herniation. No thecal sac or neural foraminal
narrowing.
C3-C4: Mild posterior disk osteophyte complex. No thecal sac or
neural foraminal narrowing.
C4-C5: No disc herniation. No thecal sac or neural foraminal
narrowing.
C5-C6: Left paracentral/foraminal disk osteophyte complex. No
thecal sac or neural foraminal narrowing.
C6-C7: Moderate right paracentral disk osteophyte
complex/uncovertebral joint osteophyte causes mild anterior thecal
sac narrowing and mild flattening of the right anterior cord. No
cord signal abnormality. No neural foraminal narrowing.
C7-T1: Small right paracentral disk osteophyte complex/uncovertebral
joint osteophyte causes minimal right anterior cord flattening and
mild anterior thecal sac narrowing. No neural foraminal narrowing.
I am 30 years old

-Tarkarri
Your Dr summarised it well.

Ther rest says there were no other abnormalities.

-Helen
Most of it means there is nothing wrong at all.

In a couple of places your disc space is narrowed and you have osteophytes which are little outgrowths of bone caused by osteoarthiritis. Basically you have a little bit of arthitis in your back but no serious abnormality.

The pain is most likely due to muscle spasm because you are trying to protect your neck and back - treatment should bring you relief from pain and more comfort.

What do you think? Answer below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: Help me understand my MRI results... PLEASE what does my MRI say?

No comments:

Post a Comment