5/16/2011

Anyone have Lyme? Or know about it's symptoms?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

Anyone have Lyme? Or know about it's symptoms?Okay, So I get these "episodes" of HORRIBLE pain. The pain is ONLY in my joints, no where else. It hurts to pick up my cell phone, it hurts to type on the computer, to walk, even to just lay down. And its not just any specific joint, its all of them. All my fingers, my toes, my knees, elbows, etc.. About 8 months ago it was so bad I went to the ER twice in one weekend (this was my first real episode). The first night they sent me home, and the next day i returned cause it got even worse. They did some testing and told me my results came back negative for Lyme, Lupus and Juvinial Arthritis. I wasn't in the hospital very long, and I thought this was very quick to get results back for any of these things. They released me, told me to follow up with my PCP, which I did but because the hospitals results came back neg. they haven't tested me since.


I guess my question is, if the first test came back neg for Lyme does that usually mean its neg? Or does it take more than one test? I'm in the middle of an episode now and its killing me. I'm also switching PCP so hopefully I will get somewhere with that. I'm only 21 and I really don't think I should be in this much pain from my joints.


**I have no idea if this is even what Lyme feels like, but when I describe it to people I work with and family they insist that it is Lyme**


Thank you for taking the time to read this and responding!

-Noob
idk see a doc

-cowboydoc
The tests for Lyme is complicated and severe. They may have to do more then one blood tests and it takes a good doctor to be able to diagnose the disease then, it's unsure. If you can get a referral to a doctor who's familiar with the disease then your one step ahead of them.
Have you the symptoms? the bite mark, the halo around it, the area where Lyme is prevalent, this all makes a mark as to weather you have it or not.

If you go to a teaching hospital, that may help. There are other concerns here. Osteoarthritis, Rheumatism, several other bone diseases. Everything has to be considered here. The Lyme would be treated with large amounts of antibiotics.

Keep after them. it's disconcerting I know but you have no choice. Ask the doctor for some pain meds in the meantime.

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Anyone have Lyme? Or know about it's symptoms?

No comments:

Post a Comment