5/01/2011

What autoimmune diseases are associated with demyelinating conditions?

Hi,I did the following:
autoimmune arthritis
by timtak

What autoimmune diseases are associated with demyelinating conditions?Have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia; am experi-
encing changes in ability to walk, which comes and goes,
also tremor, excessive weakness, difficulty with thought
processing which occurs with the weakness. Brain MRI
shows nonspecific pattern of demyelinization. Any clues?

-Brandy T
I'm not a medical expert and could be talking out my butt, but MS (multiple sclerosis) comes to mind. Although I think more characteristic of that is lesions on the brain.

-rexmcd248
Have you been tested for Systemic Lupus? It is an autoimmune disease that can effect anything within the body. (It can also be accompanied by RA and Fibromyalgia.)

An ANA (antinuclear antibody) test is usually the best way to diagnose Lupus.

It is certainly worth looking into. It can be a life threatening disease and if nothing else, the test would rule it out.

I have Systemic Lupus and I have had similar problems in the past. They never did an MRI - they just immediately attributed it to my Lupus and told me that my immune system was attacking my brain.

Good Luck!

What do you think? Answer below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: What autoimmune diseases are associated with demyelinating conditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment