4/27/2011

does knuckle pushups cause arthritis?

Gooarthritis.info edited the following:

does knuckle pushups cause arthritis?Hey, I love working out and one of my favorite exercises is knuckle push ups. I was just wondering if it causes me to have any related bone diseases in the near future or later on, like arthritis or osteoporosis?

-WestCoastFlatlander
I can't see how it would. I mean, ur doing them with a closed fist, and thats how people hold heavy bars and dumbells when they do weights, so it is no different to that, and I have worked out for 17 years, with no signs of arthritis at all.
But to be honest, there is no benefit on doing push ups on your knuckles, as opposed to regular 'palms-flat' style. It's just a military thing, so if ur concerned about the possibility of arthritis, just change the way you do them. :)

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: does knuckle pushups cause arthritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment