4/27/2011

Is this an autoimmune disease?

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them

Is this an autoimmune disease?I've got quite a few things going on in my body and my doctor is not really sure what to do next. I've recurring yeast infections in my body (esophagus and vaginal) for quite some time now. I've got horrible dishydrotic eczema or and ID reaction on my hand, and my bones and joints hurt so badly. I've been tested for systemic yeast; it's not there. I've been tested for Lupus; it's not there. I'm on 400 mg of Diflucan every day for 2 weeks, off a week, then on again for another 2. When I decrease or stop the anti-fungal, I get a NASTY yeast infection. When I stop the meds, my eczema comes back. When I stay ON the meds, my eczema dries up. I can't stay on Diflucan forever. My liver's going to blow up or something. Are the aching bones and eczema related, or are they 2 different things? Why can't my body fight off yeast infections? I've gone gluten-free, sugar free, and corn free. I've lost 30 pounds, but still feel like poo. When I eat flax seed or hearty wheat products like a heavy bread, I feel like I'm going to die. My ANA levels were slightly elevated, but not that bad... and like I said, the Lupus screening was negative.. I feel like I'm going to have to live with this for the rest of my life!

Does anyone know anything about this? My doctor is thinking autoimmune, but he really has no clue. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis. What's that all about?

I need help...

-Chrys
see an endocrinologist

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Is this an autoimmune disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment