5/17/2011

Will a blood test tell me about arthritis?

Hi,I did the following:

Will a blood test tell me about arthritis?I have been told by three doctors that I have arthritis. This pain travels up and down my right site, I use the right side most. I live on pain killers. How can I be sure of a positive diagnosis?

-Betsy
Rheumatoid arthritis can be indicated by blood test, but not osteoarthritis.

**ETA**About 40-50% of people with RA will have a positive ANA. But a positive ANA can indicate many other things as well.

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Will a blood test tell me about arthritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment