5/14/2011

Tattoos while on immunosuppressants?

Do you find what you need? Look here!

Tattoos while on immunosuppressants?Has anyone here ever gotten a tattoo while on immunosuppressants? I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm on Enbrel, methotrexate, and plaquenil. Obviously, I'm at a much higher risk of infection, which is why I'm trying to do some research on getting tattoos. I have had tattoos before but at the time wasn't on RA meds. Anyone who's ever gotten a tattoo while on immune system supressant drugs, please let me know how you did, if your doctor did anything special to help with preventing infection, and anything else that may be helpful. Of course I'm planning on discussing it with my doctor before going near the needle again. Thanks for the help!
Thank you for your answers. I am absolutely going to clear this with my doctor before doing anything, don't worry! But I'm specifically hoping someone who's had this done with on immunosuppressants can tell me about their experience. :)

-Kelle
Not a good idea. You are on an immuno suppressant which makes you very vulnerable to infection.

-tatt_bratt
I agree with Kelle. Also, people with any autoimmune disorders have issues with rejecting ink as well. So if you healed well before, it is important to get tattooed after you discuss this with your doctor being on the meds.

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Tattoos while on immunosuppressants?

No comments:

Post a Comment