5/16/2011

I have an old dog and she has arthritis and I am out of buffered aspirin can I give her ibuprofen?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

I have an old dog and she has arthritis and I am out of buffered aspirin can I give her ibuprofen?

-John
NO. Do not give Ibrufen or Tylenol or Paracetamol. Only a child's dose of Aspirin.
See the vet and provided that she doesn't also have impaired Kidney function, ask for Meloxicam/Metacam because this will free the dogs joints up as well as helping with the pain. Veterianary Tramadol is also good for pain.
Feed your dog glucosamine and chondroitin supplements. Pedigree make chewsticks with Glucosamine/Chondrioitin and Green Lipped Muscle extracts for arthritic dogs.

-Melissa
Yeah, i gave ib to my dog when she was in pain, it helped her a lot. We dipped it in peanut butter so she can eat it without rejecting it. Hope it helps!

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: I have an old dog and she has arthritis and I am out of buffered aspirin can I give her ibuprofen?

No comments:

Post a Comment