5/15/2011

Arthritis Info: Why does my 8 year old plott hound limp around off and on for a few weeks at a time? Arthritis? Hip problems?

Hi,I did the following:

Why does my 8 year old plott hound limp around off and on for a few weeks at a time? Arthritis? Hip problems?He has been limping around off and on for a while now. Every time I think of taking him to the vet. He seems to get a little better but lately it seems to be lasting longer. I msy need to take him finally. It looks like his back hips are a little swollen and stiff. He also limps around on his front left leg not putting his weight on it. He is also gaining weight because he is not active due to his problems. What can I do to help him? Medicine? Common problems in this breed of dog?

-☛MW&M☚ ♥ 2 wks left ♥
It could very well be a hip problem. I had this happen with a foster dog once. he was only 6 months old so i was very concerned. he ended up having severe HD. but it could be something like a pinched nerve, or muscle. esp since he's stiff and swollen...inflamation is a sign of injury most of the time. i'd make an appointment w/your vet and see what she/he thinks.

-Doris B
I hate to hear your baby is suffering.
First, when was the last time he's seen a vet?
It should be your first stop, since it could be something serious...a infection etc. ....
It's hard to treat something when you don't know what you're trying to treat. You could do more harm than good.

I also believe 8 years is a bit young for such a serious case of arthritis.

Please contact your vet, for the benefit of your doggie, and your peace of mind.

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: Why does my 8 year old plott hound limp around off and on for a few weeks at a time? Arthritis? Hip problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment