5/14/2011

Arthritis Info: Should I still have this pain, one year after my dislocation?

Hi,I did the following:

Should I still have this pain, one year after my dislocation?So back in May of 2008, I was bouldering (rock climbing without a harness on a low wall) and I fell fifteen feet, caught my arm on a hold and dislocated my elbow. X-rays in the ER revealed that I had fractured a piece of my ulna off the tip of the bone and it was floating around in my joint (the reduction went just as planned, however). They were somewhat worried and referred me to an orthopedic surgeon where a CT scan revealed I had nothing to worry about.

I went through about six weeks of physical therapy and regained full range of motion back. No pain, and everything was great until about two days ago.

I was laying on the couch watching a movie and got up when I was done. I found that I couldn't straighten my arm all the way and it was just as painful as when I first began to move my arm after it was immobilized for five weeks. It scared me, but after a couple minutes it went away and I pushed it out of my head as I had just laid on it wrong.

However, that night it did the same thing once more, and yesterday did it more than dozen times. I would get the same thing however, it would go away and my arm would just be left sore but not necessarily hurting like it had.

Is there a possibility that the bone fragment could be coming back and impairing my range of motion? Or is this just what arthritis feels like (like they had warned me I would get)? (I'm only seventeen) Is it just my tendons being stiff, I guess? And should I get this checked out by my orthopedic surgeon?

-Darb D
an xray will tell about the bone, but yes see your surgeon

edit: if its a bone chip still in your arm then it can be easily diagnosed and removed. if its your tendons and ligaments which could be because everything is fine except at the last 10 percent of your range of motion then that can be corrected easily with physio

no big deal just needs to be dealt with

What do you think? Answer below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info
End Depression Now - A Feelings Driven Life
Anyone should be happy, balanced and productive. If you feel depressed, sad, down or unhappy this book can change that. We are what we think. By taking control of your thoughts you will take control of how you feel at all times!
End Depression Now - A Feelings Driven Life

Orignal From: Arthritis Info: Should I still have this pain, one year after my dislocation?

No comments:

Post a Comment