5/13/2011

Arthritis Info: Pain in last joint of index finger. I can't decide if it is arthritis or an injury. Any suggestions?

Hi,I did the following:

Pain in last joint of index finger. I can't decide if it is arthritis or an injury. Any suggestions?This pain started only this midday and is only in the last (top) joint of my left index finger. The base of my thumb joint is swollen with a small knot, but it doesn't hurt there. The finger is somewhat stiff and it hurts to type with it, and it aches when I straighten it. Is this an acute arthritic episode (my joints ache sometimes but the character of this ache is different, almost like the finger was smashed but I know it wasn't)? I punch a heavy bag and use weight machines, but I experienced no pain until today, two days after my last workout. I strike the bag with the index and middle knuckles, but I have seen no bruising at all there, nor do those areas hurt. There is a slight dark area in the web between thumb and index finger. Another exercise that I don't believe plays a part is swimming, wherein I use the hands to pull myself along in the water. I suppose it is possible I injured myself and didn't realize it, but wondered if it could be arthritis of a sort I've never had.
it would be nice to be able to go to the orthopedist but the only one here won't accept uninsured people like me as patients...oh well! Guess it'd have to be a walk-in or a GP...
I know that going to the doctor is a good catch-all answer, and it isn't what I am looking for; the doctors around here seem to be clueless unless I can provide them with suggestions as to what something is. (Otherwise, they just give me pain meds and schedule expensive tests that show nothing--this is experience talking.) Before I go to a Dr. I like to at least have a list of possibilities, so that they can think back on specific symptom pictures or diagnostic routines they might have learned long ago...otherwise, I look forward to a familiar and disheartening experience with the machinery of the medical profession.

-stelze
go to doctor. arthritis? muscle pulling or spasm? carpal?

-pig poop
Yes, pick your nose with another finger.

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: Pain in last joint of index finger. I can't decide if it is arthritis or an injury. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment