5/19/2011

Arthritis Info: How can one reduce pain in knee while suffering from Rheumatism?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

How can one reduce pain in knee while suffering from Rheumatism?

-Red Queen
Oh sweety I've been having a flare for weeks now, I know exactly how you feel. I haven't found a thing that works for me other than lying on my side with my knee bent.

I've tried Ben-Gay and similar products but they only increase the pain. I've stayed away from ice packs because my diseases cause a sensitivity to cold. The last time I tried propping my legs they swelled even worse and I was unable to move. That was the night the ambulance took me away and I spent four days in the hospital. I've never tried braces because I have more swelling with Ace bandages, so I'm afraid to go there.

I told you all that not to scare you, but to let you know of some ideas you might want to try. Although none of these have helped me, they help my sister and maybe they'll work for you also. I just wanted to let you know that you could have an adverse reaction, so if you do try any of the above suggestions you'll know what may happen.

Good luck to you, I hope you're feeling better soon.

***EDIT: Sweety, you may want to check with your doctor before trying any supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin. I know many people who have used it with great success, especially those with osteoarthritis. I'm allergic to some of the components in glucosamine and condroitin so I can't touch it. Here's a list of precautions you may want to look at carefully should you decide to take the second answerers advice, which may actually work for you.

* Children, women who are pregnant, and women who could become pregnant should not take these supplements. They have not been studied long enough to determine their effects on a child or on a developing fetus.
* Because glucosamine is an amino sugar, people with diabetes should check their blood sugar levels more frequently when taking this supplement.
* If you are taking chondroitin sulfate in addition to a blood-thinning medication or daily aspirin therapy, have your blood clotting time checked more often. This supplement is similar in structure to the blood-thinning drug heparin, and the combination may cause bleeding in some people.
* If you are allergic to shellfish, consult your doctor before deciding to take glucosamine. In most cases, however, allergies are caused by proteins in shellfish, not chitin, a carbohydrate from which glucosamine is extracted.

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info
Heal Eczema - Powerful Pitch Page * High Conversions * 100% Commission
The #1 Eczema Program on Cb. 75% Commission + 25% Bonus. Converting Like Crazy 1:25 With Powerful Pitch Page. Very Low Refunds. Discount Offer at Page Exit For More Success. New! Mailing List! Start Promoting This Rising Niche And You Won't Regret It.
Heal Eczema - Powerful Pitch Page * High Conversions * 100% Commission

Orignal From: Arthritis Info: How can one reduce pain in knee while suffering from Rheumatism?

No comments:

Post a Comment