5/24/2011

Arthritis Info: home remedies for joints/arthritis?

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them

home remedies for joints/arthritis?ok, my horse horse has early signs of arthritis...and I know there are plenty of supplements out there, but I would prefer to have some kind of home remedy to give to him. (i'm all about natural things, although I will use some like electrolytes) I know that flaxseed is good for their joints, and I've heard that apple cider vinegar is, but my horse is picky with taste, so I know he wouldn't eat that.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
please note..my horse is a stud...so only has a small paddock he can go into.
There is no way to put him into a bigger paddock as all of the fences are electric tape fences, and he will break them.
He is only in for now for feedings, and overnight since it gets so cold where he is.

-Julie
For an arthritic horse, turnout is the best thing you can do. Give him turnout as much as possible, 24/7 turnout if you can, only stalling when necessary. The exercise helps keeps him limber and will really help slow the progression of arthritis.

Glucosaine isn't really a "home remedy" but it is natural and it's great for the joints.

There's also Cetyl-M which comes from a type of nut and is excellent for horse's joints. Cetyl-M contains MSM and glucosamine as well as vitamin C. It's probably the best supplement out there for joints because it has everything in it.

Corn oil, around 1/2 cup added in the grain, can be great for the joints. It also has the nice side effects of giving them healthy hooves and a shiny coat.

-cowboy
yes i can help ..search for....diatomaceous earth food grade ...i have just started useing it on my horses ,cows,dogs,and myself for almost 2 weeks i realy like the results and you will to

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: home remedies for joints/arthritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment