4/24/2011

I have arthritis and I am now going to an orthopedic surgeon. Now the pain is gone. What is going on?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

I have arthritis and I am now going to an orthopedic surgeon. Now the pain is gone. What is going on?I have this pain for years. Is it because I am scared? On a scale of 0 to 10, it goes from 1 to 8. A few years ago the pain was so great I would cry at night. I am not a child, I am in my later 50's.

-jrlove49
OMG! I had the same problem. Once they gave me an immobilizer for my knee and the next day it was fine.. A few months ago I had an MRI and xrays when I went back to start Synvisc injections everything was fine. That was Jan. I have not had any problems since. They said I had RA. I am fine now. I am glad I didn't get the injections. Some ppl say they don't hurt for six month.

-Misty.babydoll
It probably is because you are scared,I'm 27 and have arthritis and every time I go to the doctor my pain mysteriously goes away and the doctor thinks I'm nuts!!! I will be limping all week before the day of the appointment and when the day comes I feel great!! I also think it might be because you know the doctor is going to fix your pain and you are so happy to finally get a little better,you sike yourself out and aren't focused on the pain for a moment,just knowing that you are going to feel better real soon makes your body play tricks on you!! It could be the adrenalin pumping from being nervous that makes you not hurt too.For me,just knowing I'm going to get my refills of pain medications makes my pain stop,strange how your body messes with you..huh??!!?!?

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: I have arthritis and I am now going to an orthopedic surgeon. Now the pain is gone. What is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment