4/29/2011

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Hi,I did the following:

Has anyone ever heard of this?I had laser surgery last week on my left eye called YAG Laser Surgery to remove the film build up on my new lens placed in my eye after cataract surgery. I went to my eye surgeon as a follow up appointment today. After a thorough examination and based also on what I told him, the doctor told me that there is a lot of inflammation in my eye. He told me that I have arthritis in my eye! He gave me Prednisone (an anti-inflammatory drug) to put in my eye 4 times a day. I am scheduled to go back to my eye surgeon on the 8th of November.

Has anyone ever had this problem before or has heard of it? How common is it to have arthritis in an eye? What kind of arthritis can get into an eye? I was completely speechless when he told me about this! I tried to look it up, but to no avail. Can anyone help me? Serious answers only please. Thank you.
The doctor gave me drops to put in my eye 4 times a day and yes they are Prednisone drops. Prednisone is a steroid but it can be used as a anti-inflammatory agent too. And yes the doctor told me I do indeed have arthritis in my eye. I just found out from the doctor's office 5 minutes ago that I have rheumatoid arthritis in my left eye.

-Pops
I haven't heard of it. Good luck. Pops

-bmac
Sure there is.......here:

http://www.innvista.com/health/ailments/arthritis/arteyes.htm

Boy, I wish people would make sure before they say "there is no such thing......." Of course there is.

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Has anyone ever heard of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment