4/26/2011

Arthritis Info: please advise me regarding my sons treatment?

Hi,I did the following:

please advise me regarding my sons treatment?my son had septiceamia after birth and his left hip is destroyed. at 23 now, can his jt be replaced?
my son was a cesarian baby. he developed septiceamia and his rt shoulder and left hip jt got destructed due to septic arthritis. his left femoral bone has gone 2inches up and have joined with d pelvic bone on its own. due to the ht difference his left knee has bent and the under muscles are tight. now the doctors say that the main problem is with his knee, but unless and until the hip jt is corrected the knee may again bend after 5 to 7 yrs. the doctors have suggested for a hip replacement surgery. will it be succesful? will he be able to walk properly life long? he is 23 yrs old now and persuing law degree. what are the ifs and buts? some say jt replacement should not be done at this age. he is also verry much depressed. please advise me. thank you.

-Paramedic girl
No one in their right mind should be advising you on what you should or should not do. He's also an adult now who should make the decision his self.

I will say though that a 2nd opinion on any surgery is always a good idea.

-Richard T
The doctors that have spoken to you know what they are doing, they do this all the time and they are good at it.
The inroads that have happened in this area of medicine have been nothing more than astounding. Pray for him to heal as will I and anyone else that reads this that believes in the power of prayer. Good luck and God Bless!
Rick

Give your answer to this question below! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: please advise me regarding my sons treatment?

No comments:

Post a Comment