4/26/2011

Arthritis Info: Does an infected deer tick leave a bulls eye rash on dogs like it does on humans?I think my dog may have lyme.

Other people asked questions on various topics, and are still
waiting for answer. Would be great if you can take a sec and
answer them

Does an infected deer tick leave a bulls eye rash on dogs like it does on humans?I think my dog may have lyme.My dog developed a strange reddened and inflamed bulls eye like blood filled blister on her side back in Feb.(I live in western mass) The vet suspected a spider bite.she was put on antibiotics: keflex for 10 days which didn't work, but she did respond to cipro and the bulls eye blister resolved. My dog is a 9.5 yo lab/golden mix.I have now noticed in the past 3 months that she seems to be having arthritis like symptoms with increased stiffness plus difficulty climing stairs. Last fall she was running up them. I am beginning to put 2 and 2 together and suspect lyme disease from her mystery sore. I plan on having her tested soon. My ? is do infected tick bites look the same in dogs as in humans. I can't find any info or photos other than human side effects to skin from infected tick bits. If anyone has any info to share I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

-shepard_horse94
Mabey she is starting a tumor on the outside. This is a, or these r really strange smtompys. Out of all my years with dogs, i've never quite heard of something like this. She might be having arthritis. I had one tick, on me and it gave me rockey mountain fever. My dad's dog, a Labrador had some of those smtompys. Red eyes, and got blisters on her paws. We really don't know what happend She was old, and mabye she had ate something. Have u been changing her diet latley? This is really strange. My symtoms with rocky moutain fever were dizznies, fever, and i was very weak. I hope she feels better. good luck

-realdusi
Deer tick bites will leave a bull's eye rash on a dog, just like it does on a human, but most people never see this rash on dogs because of the many layers of hair that a dog has. It's unfortunate that your vet completely overlooked the possibility of a tick bite, however you need to take your dog back to the vet and have blood work done. Demand a Lyme disease test, no matter what your vet says.

I couldn't find any pictures on line either, however I do know that Lyme disease, if left untreated can affect vital organs. If you dog is starting to show signs of lameness, there is still hope, however if you don't act he will deteriorate. Good luck to you and your dog.

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Arthritis Info: Does an infected deer tick leave a bulls eye rash on dogs like it does on humans?I think my dog may have lyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment