4/30/2011

African American Albino Shares Her Life - Documentary

African American Albino Shares Her Life - Documentary






Join us for an intimate look into the life of Charise Johnson, a vibrant young African-American woman with a 10-year-old son and a busy life. When you first see her you can tell right away she's different. Charise has Albinism. And when you get to know her you will discover she really is different and there's nothing wrong with that. In 1974, when Charise was born, a childhood free of major health problems is not what life had in store for her. At the age of nine she was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. By the time Charise became an adult, she'd had several surgeries, a temporary ostomy bag, and ultimately had her large intestines removed entirely; after which she developed Crohn's disease. Arthritis has left her in need of knee replacements and a lifetime of damage to her skin from the sun has lead to re-occurring skin cancers. Charise, being blessed with a mature and supportive family had incredible support throughout her developmental years. They are what kept her grounded when the social pains far outweighed her physical ills. There was no shortage of bullies and teasers in Charise's life. Even as an adult she can't escape the verbal abuse of strangers with statements like "what are you?". In "Charise: A Portrait of an African American with Albinism", Charise shares with us, her pains and her joys. She talks about her family life and what it is like having Albinism from medical, social and personal perspectives. Directed by: Tressa Sanders For more information about ...

About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info

head first - poem 8






cut and paste lyrics below... IF YOU LIKE THIS THEN CLICK HERE: readtom.com HEAD FIRST by tom jensen When you're a blind man with a cane All the faces look the same As you take a walk down memory lane You remember voices not faces Recall all the choices that you made Lately I've been wondering who'd really care If I fell head first down a flight of stairs Oh sure, there might be a crowd of people who'd stop and stare But later that week at the church would they be there? So what does that go to prove? It might not mean that much to you... The fact that I wanna rock it hard But so many say I haven't found my groove So now I'm not sure where to start Or what do I have left to say or do? I know that I am a star down my soul But after thirty years that's kind of old If you're not a star yet and making hits It's almost time to check for arthritis and man boob tits As you wake up saying "Owe, my cranky knees" Look back at my life and say "Oh Geez... Getting a double chin just like Thelma... Or was it Louise? Can't remember where did the time go? I feel so old with my steady job... I get a gut check a week That the tax man robs" La La La..... I just get in line... And I try to follow the law Sure sometime I cry But don't we all? When it's my time to be burned at the stake Please tell them I'd like to be served pink...... Or better still put the fire out And just serve me raw La La La...I just get in line And try to follow the law Sure sometimes I cry But don't we all? When it's ...
Video Rating: 5 / 5

About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info

Orignal From: African American Albino Shares Her Life - Documentary

No comments:

Post a Comment