5/23/2011

Can A Teenager Have Arthritis?

Do you find what you need? Look here!

Can A Teenager Have Arthritis?Could this possibly be JRA?
Ok, so I am a 14 year old girl and I have been having pain, swelling, and stiffness in both of my shoulders, both of my hands and fingers, my left knee,both of my elbows, and both of my ankles. I have also had pain in my jaw, my neck, my back, and my hips. Basically, anywhere that bends. This has been going on since before November 2009, and most of my body is very painfully swollen. I have a very large history of arthritis on both sides of my family, and I have already seen doctors gasp when they see how swollen and painful I am. So, what should I do? It really hurts the most in the mornings when I get out of bed, and after I have sat down for more than 10 minutes, and I walk with a horrible limp. It's also really hard to type this! I can't straignten my fingers very far, and my knees will bend but with a lot of pain and then they kinda stay in place and this happens with my shoulders and fingers,too There also has been redness and warmth around my joints. It feels good when I am in a warm bath or under a warm blanket, but Tynonal and Motrin do not help at all. I have tried ice, heat, splints, and medicine for my pain, but nothing is working. It is so bad, I cannot even go to school without pain, and I almost failed this past year! I have had many injuries mostly sprains that take forever to heal and never go away. The doctors don't think that they were really sprains after all. I'm so scared! PLEASE HELP ME!
I also have a bit of a fever that comes and goes, and sometimes there are rashed on my arms and legs in the mornings. My joints are really warm, too. How can I get the fevers to go down? Tylenol and Motrin don't help.

-cynica
Yes, children and teens can develop a juvenile form of arthritis.
Just follow your doctors advice.

-Anne
I have heard of teens having arthritis.

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Can A Teenager Have Arthritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment