5/23/2011

anyone been on prednisone and have advice on its side effects?

These are useful and collceted by Gooarthritis.info!

anyone been on prednisone and have advice on its side effects?I have reactive arthritis and was given a shot of prednisone 5 weeks ago. It didn't seem to help much and tomorrow (when I FINALLY see my rheumatologist for the first time since leaving the hospital) they're going to want to give me a second shot but after reading online about the drug I'm not so sure I want it. I'm not overweight, 5'9 and 155lbs, but I've been careful about my diet and jogged regularly to stay that way, now that I can't work out at all because of the arthritis I'm terrified of taking a drug that can cause thyroid suppression, muscle and bone breakdown, and general weight gain. Am I nuts if I choose to stay in more pain rather than gain weight?

-embellishment3
I have known people who have gained alot of weight while taking prednisone tablets.You are not nuts to choose this.If you were to have alot of excess weight then you would more then likely feel more pain because of the weight you would be carrying around.Speak to your Doctor about your concerns.

-Tracy J
Prednisone is a very scary drug with all of its side effects. I was on it for a year. It can be a mirical drug for the symptoms, but a hateful drug with the side effects. You have to weight out the benefits and the down sides, deff. talk to your dr. about your concerns.
I has the worst case of cystic acne you have EVER seen from it, and I gained alot of weight, about 80 lbs. But it did help my Crohns. So would i go on it agian? ONLY if it were life or death.
Good luck to you

Share your answer? Leave your own answer in the comments! About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: anyone been on prednisone and have advice on its side effects?

No comments:

Post a Comment