4/28/2011

Do you have basilar joint arthritis, and if so, what remedies have worked?

Hi,I did the following:

Do you have basilar joint arthritis, and if so, what remedies have worked?I'm young (mid forties) and I've had this for nearly two years. I've gotten cortisone shots on an increasing basis. They work great, but after a few months, I'm back in pain. I'm leaning toward having surgery wherein they place a bit of cartilage in the joint to replace mine which has worn out. Have you had this surgery, was it successful, what else should I consider?

Thanks!

-Paulie
If you have tried everything such as: massage, acupuncture, heat, cold, and different types of vitamins such as vitamin D and have also tried stretching and strengthening exercises then I would suggest going for the surgery. If you do this I want you to realize that not all cases are successful. Sometimes the surgery has to be repeated in a couple of years. If you decide to do this good luck and I hope that this information has helped.

Helpful answer below. About Arthritis - Rheumatoid Arthritis - Osteoarthritis - Related Conditions
Arthritis Medication, Prevention, Symptoms, Treatment and Causes by Gooarthritis.info


Orignal From: Do you have basilar joint arthritis, and if so, what remedies have worked?

No comments:

Post a Comment